Saturday, April 26, 2014

Gabi | Senior Pictures

Last weekend, I had the chance to hang out with my brother's sweet girlfriend, Gabi.   I met up with Gabi and her mom on a cloudy Friday afternoon to snap those infamous senior portraits.  


Gabi has been in our family for over two years now.  She has a quiet demeanor.  She speaks no foul of anyone or anything and could honestly be a Greek goddess with her olive skin and dark brown hair.  Shes absolutely gorgeous from the inside out.  


Gabi's quietness has been something I've had to get used to.  I'm a talker.  I'm loud.  I'm honest.  So is my sister.  Between the two of us, there is no such thing as quiet.  So when my brother brought home this sweet, tender soul.. we didn't know how to handle it.   Honestly. 
 

However, what I have come to realize is that her gentle and quiet spirit is refreshing.  It encourages me to sit back, shut up and just listen.  It encourages me to get out of the spot light and let others tarry there.


I can't help but think of this scripture when I think of Gabi.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."  1 Peter 3:3-4


A gentle and quiet spirit is of great worth in my creator's eyes.  Therefore, it should be something we notice and adore about our sweet Gabi.  I'm not saying I am going to quit my life goal of making her a chatty Kathy like the rest of my family!  But it is her spirit, that quiet, tender, careful, delicate demeanor, in itself that makes Gabi the absolute beauty she is. 


Congrats, Gabi!  We are so thankful for you and are so excited to see you take Raleigh by storm!
 

2 comments:

  1. STUNNING! She is beautiful and these pictures are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete